Thursday, March 3, 2011

My life is one clown short of a circus

...and I'm not talking Ringling Brothers. 
It's one of those low budget circus'. 
I have all these grand ideas and intentions and instead I end up chasing my tail all day, it's quite entertaining for those who might catch a glimpse of it. Scrambling with kids in tow trying not to be late for whatever our next adventure is. Nursing the screaming baby what seems like every 15 minutes. Running after the boys picking up (or stepping on) the same **bleeping** toys 20 times a day. Drowning in paperwork and unorganized closets. Crafts, projects and clutter bugs tucked away in all the corners of my house. Not to mention all the things I get myself into all the time because I haven't learned to say no to people (teaching 18 girl scouts how to decorate cakes last Tuesday). I'm gettin' a little stressed just thinkin' about it. Today I think I washed 10 loads of clothes, but the most impressive part is that I actually got it all put away. 
The discouraging part is that
I'm. not. finished. 
Ugh! I'm in laundry hell. 

So, I'll spare you any more gorry details of my day to day circus life. Oh wait, here's the part where I break out into song..."circus life, under the big top woorrrrrrrrrld. We all need the clowns to make us smile..." 
My little clowns give me perm-a-grin. I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

Since my last post, I've managed to finish my planter, 15 coats of paint and a sad looking pansy later...voila! 
Or as we say it in the south, wala! 
Ain't she cute?! Pretty nice for 50 cents! 
Uh hem, sorry I mean, "fitty cent." 
Cuz I'm cool like that.





And Joey, such a dear, started on the headboard for me. Ain't she just FAB?!  He  sanded it and got one coat of primer on it and it already looks soooooooo good. 
I think I'm in love with my $10 headboard. 



Awwwwwwww, thanks babe.



You can see the before picture here, although I just realized the before picture I took was of the BACK of the headboard. That's soooo not like me
(insert hint of sarcasm).





Joey even added some height to the headboard by adding some "legs" to this sweet mama. I think once it's all painted out, and everything is put together, you won't even see them.






  
Are you seeing the potential? I think it'll look great in a clean, crisp white but Joey says no. AND he wants it distressed.  Hmph! But believe it or not, he did NOT shutter when I said, "How about lime green or turquoise?" WHAT?! Instead he asked if our bedding will match it. (since when did he become such a design diva?) Welllllllllllll, as a matter of fact it won't, so we'll have 
to get some new stuff. Yay, 
shopping spree, with a budget of $0. 
That should be fun. 
Who am I kidding, I love a challenge.

So that's it. That's all we've done. 
Things are slooooow goin' here. But hey, it's better than nothin'. 
I'm hoping to get a few things done this weekend so I'll post more soon. 

Tootles! 
Geez, I've been watching too much 
Mickey Mouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment